Studio Torta is constantly looking for young graduates with technical degrees (generally, but not necessarily, engineers) and Industrial Property consultants to take up the challenges of the market together and meet the objectives of the business plan. Passion, aptitude for teamwork, propensity for innovation, flexibility and problem-solving skills are the fundamental characteristics to collaborate with us.
Working with us means being part of a national and international excellence that values competence and commitment and bases new initiatives on ethics and social responsibility.
A graduate who starts working with Studio Torta will provide patent and design advice to companies located mainly in Italy. Some of the tasks that will gradually be assigned are:
- understanding and assessing technical solutions proposed by clients
- performing patent searches (i.e. investigating databases containing information on patents filed worldwide to check whether a technical solution is already known)
- drafting new patent applications
- managing the process of examining a patent application in Italy, Europe and the rest of the world
- analysing patent documents filed by third parties to provide opinions on patentability or freedom to operate
- drafting technical-legal briefs in Italian or English
- prosecuting invalidity or infringement court proceedings
- developing and expanding the network of clients
A technical graduate starting to work with Studio Torta will be immediately registered as a trainee in order to take the qualifying examination for patent attorneys in Italy and Europe and will follow an appropriate training (also by attending preparatory courses in Italy and abroad) in view of taking such examinations.
The ideal candidate:
- has a degree in mechanical, electrical, mechatronic or electronic engineering
- has an excellent knowledge of English
- knows a second foreign language (preferably German)
- is willing to learn a complex but fascinating and varied profession
- is willing to invest in his/her training
- is interested in working with inventors and designers of the most innovative companies in order to understand new products from a technical point of view and thus suggest the most suitable form of protection.